Monday, November 7, 2011

National Adoption Month

I have known many adopted children and adoptive families throughout my time teaching.  Every child deserves to feel safe and loved.  Adults can create such chaos in the world of a child, but we also have the opportunity to bring security and warmth.

For families like ours that have struggled to safely and healthily create a family, my heart aches but also has hope.  Our brothers and sisters are our most beloved friends...the stories we share and the relationships we have now are just wonderful.  I hope for this for Van someday in some way...

Please take time to read and consider what your role can take on:
Wyoming Children's Society
Bones That Float  (this book was  gift to me by an adoptive family that I taught in kindergarten...what a gift)
Holt International
Recognizing and Sharing 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for writing this..... Words don't express how grateful I am for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Lovely, you can see the love and joy.

    ReplyDelete