Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vanism

The latest battle has been getting Van to brush his teeth, or at least let me help him.  Making funny faces at him worked for awhile and bribing him with candy (hehe) really defeats the purpose so I'm kind of out of tricks...any suggestions are appreciated (Mom, SaraJane, Jamye, Lezlie...I'm talking especially to you guys).

Anyways, while trying to get him to brush the pearly whites today he hid in a corner, curled up in a ball, and told me to "Weave a message mama....I'm not here!"  As if curling up and telling me to leave a message will make me and that toothbrush go away?  Made me laugh at least...

1 comment:

  1. M. had the same battle when we first brought him home. We tried the whole idea of him getting a sticker if he did a good job and let us brush his teeth. He wasn't too into stickers so then Micah had the idea of animals. We made a big deal about this. He has to be a Hippo and open wide so we can brush the top and bottom, a lion so we can brush the outside, and an elephant so we can brush the tongue. He loved this the most and it helped but definitely didn't eliminate the occasional battle to brush and not just eat the toothpaste for a snack.

    ReplyDelete