Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Turning 30 felt a little rough at first...all through my 20s, 30 seemed so far away and old. It was a little hard to realize that some of the things I assumed we would have by this time, are still in the works (owning a house, etc).  Then, we lost our sweet Kaya for awhile...we were so worried about her but thanks to the kind people of Woods Landing, she returned home safely a couple days later.  Stress was added by the upcoming defense of my thesis but thankfully it went smoothly and I have just a few small revisions to make before August 5th.  And then, I tried to wash our sandals in the shower and completely forgot about it being on causing a slight flood...one more thing to take care of.  So although, there have been some stressful moments over these past couple of days, taking time and thinking about what truly matters, made me realize how much we have accomplished and the beautiful life that we have together.  Just check out these pictures of my great day!
 
Having the bike along was great...no whining about needing to be carried and lots of great jumps and hills to experience! This little man amazes us with his gusto and love of being out and about.  
Being a mommy to Van and wife to Brett is the best birthday gift ever....the gifts of pampering from my family are also so appreciated! I'm a lucky lady....even if the gray hair is starting to take over... 

2 comments:

  1. The pictures look great and that you all had a great time. You have accomplished a lot in 30 years. Congratulations on ALL your accomplishments and happy birthday. Really glad Kaya made it home. -trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!!! So now I definitely owe you a tasty drink and some hang out time!

    ReplyDelete